Systems and Network Engineer
To work at BlueRock, you have to love what you do! And you have to understand how to make IT practical.
We are looking for a rock star who is a problem-solver and has a proven track record of working within a team environment . We want someone who loves what they do and looks at problems as opportunities to improve their skills. At BlueRock, we are in this together so we are looking for someone who wants to work alongside talented people and can help them enhance their performance by promoting collaboration. (Go Team! Lone gunmen need not apply.) We are a place that moves in a fast paced environment that is constantly evolving and will definitely challenge you.
You will be responsible for interpreting business requirements into technical network solutions. Your subject areas include traditional Network Infrastructure components (WAN, LAN, firewalls, switches and wireless) and work in conjunction with creating an infrastructure supporting Point of Sale (POS) applications.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience
- Install, set up, configure and troubleshoot firewalls, switches and all that is networking.
- Basic understanding of PCI compliance.
- Customer-oriented team; we are working on creating a culture where saying "I don't know" to a client is never the answer. Our job is to help our clients find the best answer.
- Ability to treat our customers like they are your best friend who came to you for advice, even if it the is the middle of the night. Be responsive to our clients, research their needs, and make IT practical for them.
- Assume individual accountability for achieving our team goals. In other words, you must be extremely self motivated and be able to quick adapt to changing business requirements. We try to avoid chaos before breakfast but eat it like an afternoon snack.
- Experience with Windows Servers and VMware .
- Troubleshoot your way out of any rabbit holes regarding firewall, routing, switching and VPN issues. I said it earlier, but the team thought I would be good if I said it again.
Our really nice to have list:
- Know how to modify your Nerf gun. Brownie points if you can teach me how to curve a dart around a corner.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of characters and disciplines; especially the super fantastic personalities like mine.
- CCNA, CCNP, MSCA, CCENT certifications are all desirable.
For more information or to apply, please head to: https://www.bluerocktech.com/about-us/careers/