Service Desk InternDepartment: Service and Support Reports to: RS Supervisor
Position OverviewThe Service Desk Technician position’s primarily responsibility is to provide first level support to BLUEROCK clients. Additionally this position will perform routine network systems maintenance. Work items range from desktop support to routine network administration.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review in Connectwise
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Accept cases from the support queue
- Remotely assist clients with support needs
- Clearly communicate status on problems as well as resolution
- Exceed SLA guarantees to BLUEROCK clients
- Clearly document all tasks
- Maintain high customer satisfaction
Computer Repair and Maintenance
- Virus/Malware issues
- Network scanning/printers
- Desktop application and operating system management
- Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Network connectivity
- Smartphone management
- Active sync
- Blackberry enterprise Server management
- New user setup
- iPhone, iPad, Android systems
- End user email management
- Email bounce back troubleshooting
- SPAM services
- User management
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
- Add Move Change
- Network file permissions
- Create distribution lists
- Management of customer backup software
- Remote Backup Solution
- Local Backup Solutions
- Restore files
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in Connectwise as it occurs
- Understand processes in Connectwise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the Connectwise University
- Enter all work as service tickets into Connectwise
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two-year degree, or active pursuit of a two-year degree
- MCP certification in desktop Operating System software required within the first three months of employment.
- CompTIA A+ certification required within the first three months of employment.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Troubleshooting fundamentals
- Ability to break problems down and use a logical process of elimination
- Ability to follow complex detailed instructions to accomplish more complex tasks. Example: Desktop Deployment Guide
CultureTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications - Expresses thoughts clearly in written form, articulates verbal thoughts understandably, demonstrates active listening skills, comprehends information heard, uses appropriate communication methods, and keeps others informed.
- Conflict Resolution - Maintains calm under pressure, encourages respectful dialogue, confronts difficult situations without bias, acts within realistic timeframe for resolution, and resolves conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency - Follows through as promised, confirms people know each other's expectations, arrives to and completes meetings on time, meets with direct reports in-person regularly, and changes decisions rarely.
- Cost Consciousness - Saves money without lowering quality of service, performs within approved budget, conserves company and customer resources, develops profitable new revenue streams, and identifies new ways to lower costs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to a positive team effort, balances team and individual responsibilities, listens attentively and openly to others' views, gives and sincerely accepts feedback, helps the team stay focused on key objectives, resolves team conflict before it escalates, and places the team's success above own interests.