Senior System Engineer – Technical Lead
Role Description:We are looking for an individual who is a problem-solver and has a proven track record of working within a team environment to successfully address challenging user computing issues, and is accustomed to leveraging technical training opportunities to improve their skills. At the Level 3 (Lead) position, this individual holds a team captain-esque leadership role over all technical groups, assisting engineers more junior to him/herself and fostering Esprit de Corps. This position does not, however, include the hassle of managing direct reports. How great is that!?!?! All of the great pieces of being a leader without the hassle of TPS reports! Our organization is responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving users’ computing experiences through effective remote monitoring, maintenance and problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing the organization’s perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service. Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies and management and maintenance processes. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and unbeatable, super-hero movie caliber customer service. Job duties include utilizing our remote monitoring and management (RMM) and professional services automation (PSA) solutions along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver remote user support services and update support request information, mentor junior engineers through challenging support issues and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve problems. Overall relationship management and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT requirements are desired. Other requirements include participating in ongoing training and attainment of manufacturer certifications, developing and maintaining relationships with user and vendor contacts, and preparing and presenting service and monitoring reports to management regularly. One of the other great parts of this position is the opportunity to help manage the on-boarding of new clients into our suite of services. You’ll be regularly interfacing with all sorts of individuals eager to begin their new relationship with BlueRock! We are also regularly contracted by firms in the hospitality sector to help manage their new facility build outs, so there’s room for travel in this role if that’s your bag.
- Minimum seven years technical support and project delivery experience
- Excellent knowledge of our supported software and technologies (PSA and RMM Familiarity)
- Superior documentation and writing capabilities (good way to show this would be your cover letter)
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with customers, staff and vendor
- Passion for teamwork, problem solving and exceptional customer service
- Must be well spoken, organized, detail-oriented, dependable and flexible
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Background check and drug screen required
- Reliable transportation
Preferred Technology Skills:
- Citrix XenApp
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Better than Average at 1st Person Shooters (PC, PlayStation or XBOX)
This Position Entails:
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements, in fact, things change so fast around here it’s best that you LOVE being challenged by change
- Planning, coordinating, directing and supervising ongoing projects to insure completion within scope, timeline and budget.
- Troubleshooting network, equipment and service related problems with remote control technologies. Now that I think on this though, if you can do this using your ACTUAL remote control from your living room, well, that’s a plus
- An unshakable, ravenous desire to AGGRESSIVELY expand your knowledge. Expect to read 3-5 company-assigned books as well as prepare for an ITIL v3 Foundation examination within your first 90 days of employment (training materials and mentoring provided), and that’s just the warm up!
- A passion for creating a memorable customer service experience. If you had a lemonade stand as a child and out-earned that snot-nosed kid across the street because you were offering a unique lemonade buying experience by way of perhaps car side service or complementary napkin or cookie, you’re probably in the right ballpark.
- The ability to help the team manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our users’ networks, equipment, software and services